MapleBirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The CoffeeHouse

4 posters

Go down

The CoffeeHouse Empty The CoffeeHouse

Post by Cookiez Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:03 pm

The floor vibrated with the cheers of the crowd and the blistering voice of music. It was nearing the end of October and my school was hosting a Coffee House, we do this once or twice a year to allow young artists within the school to go up and give it a shot. There were solemn few who could actually MAKE decent music.
My friends were up right now as I sat shaking in my seat for I was next. It would be my first time actually performing live and I was going to be playing one of my guitar lines.. I cant sing very well so I decided I'd just try out to play a couple guitar lines I had written.
The guitar hummed through the vibrant air and the sound of the drums being pounded onto and smashed constantly, the low rhythm of the bass and the voice of the vocalist. This was anything BUT quiet. I had never been to a concert and I assumed this would only be a fraction of what it feels like.
The students burst out into a loud cheer as each instrument faded out and my friends each bowed then exitted the stage. My stomach was in knots and my head spinning. Mr Heeley the music teacher and the one hosting the Coffee House tapped my shoulder and motioned me to go up. I nodded slightly and grabbed my guitar. Its black and orange glossy design shone in the lights as I stepped onto the stage.
Peoples looked over and caught sight of me. Some of my friends in audiance waved and called out my name trying to get me to look at them. Others laughed and muttered things like "Who the fuck's that?" and "Kid needs a haircut!"Yeah.. I probobly did. my hair was pretty long is flowed over my shoulders and half my face..
I kept walking, ahead was a small stool and infront microphones, two. One for the guitar to be amplified and the second for the singer. I took a seat on the stood and swallowed.
"Hello. My name's.. umm, Jake." people got quiter and begun looking towards the stage. "I have two acoustic songs I've written to play tonight. I'm not a very good singer so I'm just hear to jam out alittle for you all." I tried joking but nobody laughed. My heart sunk as they probobly thought looked like a loser by this point. I swollowed again and cleared my throat. By now small drops of sweat were falling down my forehead, I wiped them away with my sleeve and pulled a small glossy black pick from my pocket. "My first song is titled, So If I Told You. It was the first song I had ever written for guitar and lyrical wise."
People started clapping and I begun my song. I threw my arm up and down franticly strumming chords and plucking strings note by note. The crowd seemed to be liking it for the first minute or so then it grew off. It bored them, no lyrics? Nothing to sing.. just simply chords and notes. Even if it was well played it couldnt hold there attention and i stopped. People turned back to me and i spoke.
"You know what. Lemme re-try. I'm going to sing this instead, if I'm not a very good singer I apologize. Here i go." I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and strummed a C chord on the guitar and quickly began plucking at the strings up and down. I did this 3 more times with other chords then moved forward and opened my mouth ready to sing.
The Song:

The crowd seemed in awe. I thought I could see people crying across the crowd. I smiled, apparently I was a good singer and artist after all.
"Okay.. I see that caught your attention, now for the second song. I was originally going to play a song me and my friend wrote together but..." my eyes caught a familiar face in the crowd. It was my ex girlfriend, "Breanne" . I smiled . " This song was written a few months ago when me and my girlfriend were in a tight spot. Everything had fallen apart but afterwords we ended up fixing things. Recently.... we ended up breaking down again this time we haven't fixed it yet, and.. I dont think she wants to fix it. But I'm still trying, I want to make things better, I want t change and have her back. This song was when I believed we would be together ForNever, but when in fact I wanted her Forever." Breannes face was watering she tried looking away and hiding it. "For-Never"
The Song:
"Jake!" a voice cried out. I wasn't finished singing the song, nor had I noticed the tears that were trickling down the sides of my face. I looked up and saw Breanne pushing her way through the crowd. She jumped over the cables and hopped onto the stage. As she did she tripped over a cord and fell into the stage. I dropped my guitar and ran over to help her while doing so it crashed and the neck broke.
"You okay?" I asked, "What the heck are you doing?"
"Your guitar.." she said quietly.
"Fuck the guitar, are you okay?"
She nodded and replied, "I love you Jake." then threw her arms around my neck.
The crowd burst out into a giant wave of "Awwwwwwwwh" . I smiled puzzildely but accepted it and wrapped my arms around her, cause she was the only one I would do it for, the only one I wanted.
Cookiez
Cookiez
Admin
Admin

Title : Lightning Blade Gamma

Back to top Go down

The CoffeeHouse Empty Re: The CoffeeHouse

Post by Uri Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Its a great story, I really like it!
Is it a real one?
Uri
Uri
Advanced
Advanced

Title : The lunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Miloth Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:34 pm

6th paragraph 2 line; stool*, 7th paragraph 3rd line probably*, 7th paragraph fourth line swallowed*, Verse 2 5th line reason* I loved the story and the songs and you. Probably one of the best stories I've read in a long while.
Miloth
Miloth
Admin
Admin

Title : Ghost king/ Asylum Patient

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiez Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:34 pm

lol thanks. The story itself isnt real.. the coffee house at my school was the other day. this is what was going on in my head thinking if I were to go or not. But i didnt end up going.. and this would surely not happen. Breanne doesnt exist.. its a name I gave to hide the true identity or the girl. But i released her name in my other story thingy bout my life. so doesnt matter i guess xD
Cookiez
Cookiez
Admin
Admin

Title : Lightning Blade Gamma

Back to top Go down

Post by ArashixYamasaki Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:46 pm

dude i dun cry eading alot of stories but that *sniff* was too epic :D
ArashixYamasaki
ArashixYamasaki
Advanced