MapleBirth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dance

4 posters

Go down

The Dance Empty The Dance

Post by Cookiez Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:55 pm

I searched through the dark for the familiar faces of my friends, the bright lights flashing back and forth scarring my eyes, blinding for a moment until they regained sight again.
A hand slammed down on my shoulder and a voice roared over the noise of the music, "Hey jake!" I turned and it was my friend Dylan, beside him my other good friend Chris.
"Hey whatsup?" I asked, my voice half muffled from the deafening music.
"Nutin' much, nutin' much!"
A person nudged by me in a hurry followed by two others, it was a game some of kids played at these school dances. We'd for the most part run around playing tag jumping and dodging through crowds of people.
"Damn," I shouted, "It's noisy in here!"
"I know right!" Chris replied.
The lights began to dim and the music slowly faded into a chorus of peoples voices.
"Let's go sit down." I said motioned to a nearby bench at the side of the gym. They nodded and followed me I went to sit.
Before I knew what was happening people were moving to the two sides of the gym. Boys on one side, girls on the other. Chris and Dylan jumped up to follow suit but I remained seated.
In seconds the lights began flashing again and the low hum of music filled the air with a soft peaceful melody.
The two groups on each side of the gym began walking backwords, inevitably to bump into one another, this was the point. The boys and girls were group on opposite sides and whoever they collided with was to be their dance partner. I myself disliked dancing so I would just watch.
Moments after the gym was filled with couples, some guys trying be funny would dance with eachother to get attention then the odd kid trying to breakdance by themselves.. which quite frankly they couldnt do.
I noticed the guy sitting beside me after he nudges me and motioned his head to my right. I looked over and saw one of my best friends, Aislynne sitting alone rather lonely like all curled into a ball dazed off.
"You like her right?" he asked.
"Err.." I couldnt really find the words to answer.
"Hah! Its alright bud, the entire school knows." he said before I had the chance to reply, "Go ask her to dance." He smiled and pushed me off the side of the bench.
I tightly shut my eyes and scratched the side of my head, butterflies now flittering widely within my stomach. I pulled myself up and stood firmly. I nodded at the boy and walked off.
When I stood infront of Aislynne she didnt look up, instead she still stared at her curled up body. I knelt down and put my hand on her cheek and slightly pulled it up. Her face was soaked with tears and her eyes, swollen and red.
"What's wrong?" I asked alittle startled.
She sniffled and wiped away the tears. "I'm moving tomorrow. This is my last year at this school." she replied. Her voice fragile and shaking.
My heart sank. The girl I had fallen in love with was going to just leave my life before I even could tell her. I opened my mouth to speak and find the words I was looking for but instead I said something different, "Will you dance with me?" I asked.
Her face flushed red and her eyes seemed to get wider. I took her soft hand and pulled her up from the ground and held her in ym arms for a short second.
"Everything will be ok." i whispered into her ear. I looked down and took my thumb and wiped away a tear that was trickling down her cheek. I smiled and she smiled back then we moved slightly onto the dance floor and I took her into me and we had our last dance.
Cookiez
Cookiez
Admin
Admin

Title : Lightning Blade Gamma

Back to top Go down

The Dance Empty Re: The Dance

Post by Cookiez Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:02 pm

yes this is a true story.
Cookiez
Cookiez
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ArashixYamasaki Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:09 pm

was this recent?
ArashixYamasaki
ArashixYamasaki
Advanced
Advanced

Title : Storm God

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookiez Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:49 pm

grade 7 or 8
Cookiez
Cookiez
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uri Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:57 am

Great story Jake, I want you to make a book series. NOW.
Uri
Uri
Advanced
Advanced

Title : The lunatic

Back to top Go down

Post by BadMSAnimator Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:16 am

BadMSAnimator
BadMSAnimator
Story
Story